Despite the fact that people are turning vegans and vegetarians, there are many of us who love eating eggs, fish, chicken, and mutton. And not just because they are good in taste but because these food items have different benefits. We all have heard a lot that animal products have more nutrients than plant-based products. It is true also, because the value of nutrients present in the animal products is quite higher than the plant-based products, and it has been proved. We are not saying that plant-based products are not good or not healthy, but they do lack some of the nutrients.
If you are also a non-vegetarian, then here are some of the facts which you should know about the Egg, Fish, Chicken, and Mutton. We all eat these animal products, but we are not much aware of their benefits and nutrients which are there in all of them. So, here is some info about all 4 of them, so that you can know what you are consuming and what benefits it is providing to you.
No, we are not going to talk about the egg yolk or the egg white here, we are going to talk about the complete egg. Because we all know how beneficial eggs are for us. And that is why there is this saying also, that whether it is Sunday or Monday, one should eat eggs every day. But from next time when you will consume eggs, you will know what good they will do to you.
Eggs are said to be a really good source of protein when compared to plant-based food sources. It is believed that most of the nutrients of an egg are found only in the egg white. However, it is not completely true, as there are nutrients in egg yolk also. But Egg Yolk has more fat content, that is why people prefer to eat egg white. Other than the protein, the egg does contain other nutrients also as Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, copper, zinc, and iron. Eggs are said to be quite rich in selenium also. If we look at the overall calories of egg, you should know that egg is not very high in calories. They do contain some of the soluble vitamins also like lecithin, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
Benefits of Egg:
- The egg is quite helpful in boosting the immunity system as they contain some nutrients which are quite helpful in boosting the immunity system like selenium, Vitamin B-12, and Vitamin A.
- The protein present in the egg is quite helpful in building muscles and maintaining muscles.
- Regular consumption of eggs helps in repairing the tissues of the body.
- The Vitamins and Minerals present in the egg are good for the functioning of the nervous system.
- The egg is also good for the skin and hair, and that is why people make use of the egg mask for healthy hair and smooth skin.
Just like the Egg, Fish also contains protein in high quantity. But the good part about fishes is that they are low in fat. In different parts of the world, people consume Fish in different ways. Consumption of fishes is suggested by the doctors also. As fish contains the healthy fatty acids known as Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and they are one of the high sources of these fatty acids. These fatty acids are very essential for our health and they have numerous health benefits also. Other than this, Fish also contains Amino Acids, Selenium, Phosphorus, Calcium, and Vitamin D.
Benefits of Fish:
- The presence of Omega-3 Fatty Acids in the fish helps in reducing the inflammation. This helps in saving us from different types of heart diseases. It also helps in reducing the inflammation that occurs during the Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- As we already mentioned above that fish provides us with Omega-3 Fatty Acids, so you should also know, that our body does not produce the Omega-3 Fatty Acids. So, eating fish is quite beneficial, as it can fulfill our everyday requirement of Omega-3 Fatty Acids which are quite helpful for our health.
- Consuming fish also helps in improving eyesight or eye vision. This is again because of the presence of Omega-3 Fatty Acids in the fish. It does not just improve the eyesight, but it is good for the functioning of the brain also.
- Consumption of fish helps reduce the bad cholesterol level also. Omega-3 Fatty Acids are helpful in lowering the lipids in the blood that builds the bad cholesterol.
- The presence of Omega-3 Fatty Acids in the fish also helps in boosting metabolism.
ChickenIf you are an Indian, you will understand better, that why Chicken is said to be one of the most favorite non-vegetarian food of Indians. No matter which place of India you are, you will find the chicken lovers almost everywhere. Chicken is quite healthy and good for consumption, as it is said to be lean meat which different nutrients. Just like the egg and fish, chicken is also rich in protein. But there is one problem, that is they contain high cholesterol. Chicken is said to be a good source of vitamins as it contains Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12 also. It also contains iron, zinc, and selenium in it. All these vitamins and minerals, make Chicken healthy to eat.
Benefits of Chicken
- As we already said that Chicken is lean meat, so they are good for maintaining the overall weight. Many bodybuilders include lean meat in their diet for weight management.
- If you do not want to have more fat and cholesterol and only want the healthy nutrients from the chicken, then we suggest you eat chicken breast, as they have low fat and cholesterol.
- The selenium present in the Chicken is helpful in fighting the free radicals, as they have antioxidants properties present in them. This is helpful in preventing diseases like cancer.
- The protein present in the Chicken is helpful in toning the body and is also helpful in strengthening bones.
- Consumption of chicken is also helpful in boosting metabolism and it is again because of the presence of selenium only.
MuttonMutton or in other words, you can also call it as red meat. We all know how popular red meat is in the world. But some studies have shown that they are not good for our health and people should stop consuming them. But despite the result of some studies, people are still consuming mutton, and it is because of the nutrients present in it. It is being said that mutton contains a high amount of saturated fat. But you should know that the saturated fat present in the mutton is less than the unsaturated fat, and that is why it is good for us. There are many vitamins and minerals present in the mutton, that are Vitamin B12, Vitamin B, niacin, potassium, iron, selenium, and calcium. Mutton also contains chlorine and Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which are good for our health.
Benefits of Mutton
- It is suggested that those who are trying to lose weight, should consume mutton, as it contains lean proteins. Also, the saturated fat present in the mutton is very low, so it helps in controlling weight.
- Mutton is also helpful in reducing the inflammation and it also prevents chronic diseases like cancer. It is possible because of the presence of conjugated linoleic acid in mutton. The presence of chlorine and selenium in mutton is also helpful in keeping cancer away.
- As we have already mentioned above that the saturated fat present in the mutton is quite low, so they are good for the cholesterol level also. It is quite healthy for heart health.
- The presence of Vitamin B12 in Mutton is helpful in different ways. Like it helps in keeping the depression and stress away. It also helps in providing healthy skin.
Now, you have read, how these all egg, fish, chicken, and mutton are providing us with different nutrients and different health benefits. We are not asking you to start consuming them, as it is one’s own choice. But looking at the benefits of these, we should think of consuming them, as they will help in keeping us healthy in the long run.